Inspiration can be found all around us, we just have to take the time to stop, look, and appreciate ““ be present and in the moment. There are many different sources you may utilise in order to gain inspiration.
Autobiographies, biographies, poems, tips on personal development, and self-care books encourage reflection and readers can resonate with them.
- “˜Creativity, Inc.’ by Ed Catmull
- “˜How to Be a Bawse’ by Lilly Singh
- “˜The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck’ by Mark Manson
- “˜Big Magic’ by Elizabeth Gilbert
- “˜Grit’ by Angela Duckworth
- “˜Tools of Titans’ by Tim Ferriss
- “˜You Are a Badass at Making Money’ by Jen Sincero
- “˜Year of Yes’ by Shonda Rimes
- “˜Girl Wash Your Face’ by Rachel Hollis
- “˜Scar Tissue’ by Larry Sloman
- “˜Steve Jobs’ by Walter Isaacson
Documentaries are not only entertaining but also inspirational as they feature messages to lift your spirits and add positivity to your life. Netflix is a gold mine of informative documentaries that will feed your mind and boost your mood.
- “˜Resurface’ (2017)
- “˜The Minimalists: Less Is Now’ (2020)
- “˜Daughters Of Destiny’ (2017)
- “˜Expedition Happiness’ (2017)
- “˜Dogs’ (2018)
- “˜Given’ (2016)
One song can create so many emotions, memories and feelings. Choose songs that make you more energetic, ready to do something with your life and motivate you.
Spotify has many playlists and genres to choose from. Simply go the “˜Search’ section and browse all the categories from “˜Mood’ to “˜Chill’, “˜Workout’, “˜Focus’ and much more.
The act of sitting still for a short time, emptying your mind and just focussing on your breathing, has a powerful effect on your mind, body and soul. They have meditation playlists on Spotify (type “˜Meditation in the “˜Search’ section or click on “˜Wellness’ in the categories), or you could even try YouTube for some videos.
If you ever need a mood boost to add to your feed, or just another encouraging voice telling you that you’re capable, beautiful, strong and simply enough, give these Instagram accounts a follow.
These are just a few sources of inspiration, there are loads more out there (apps, podcasts, nature)!
Get off to a good start!
Whether you are looking to upskill or reskill to improve your career prospects or are looking for an exciting new career opportunity, you will find a course to meet your needs in our extensive online course catalogue.
*Terms & Conditions Apply.