Do you think age is a factor when it comes to pursuing your dreams? Oftentimes age is used as an excuse and we always hear other people say they are too young or too old to do what they want to do. If you can relate to that, then it’s not too late for you to change your mind!
“There is not a right or predetermined age for success; only people who finally decide to succeed. Age is in your mind!”
“• Mauricio Chaves MesÃ©n,
12 Laws of Great Entrepreneurs
“If you dedicate yourself to something, you can achieve it. It’s simple, but it’s true, and your age is just an excuse.“
“• Herschel Walker, Athlete
Here are some people who you can draw inspiration from:
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart began composing when he was 5.
- Magnus Carlsen was only 13 when he became chess Grandmaster. He achieved the highest classical rating in history in 2014.
- Missy Franklin was only 17 when she won five gold medals In her Olympic debut at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
- Mark Zuckerberg was 19 when he launched Facebook in 2004.
- Albert Einstein, the most influential physicist of the 20th century published four groundbreaking papers (one of them is the Theory of Relativity) at the age of 26.
- Oprah Winfrey was already 32 when she officially debuted her show in 1986.
- The Mona Lisa painting, the most well-known piece of artwork in the world was painted by Leonardo Da Vinci when he was 51.
- Colonel Harland Sanders’ recipe was rejected more than a thousand times and after many years of failures and misfortunes, he finally hit it big at 61 when he started the KFC franchise.
- Peter Roget invented the thesaurus at the age of 73.
“Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.“
“• Mark Twain
On Career Transitions
Believe that you can live the life you want no matter how young or old you are! You have to be flexible and adaptable. These are two very important skills that employers value in a candidate. You might not have enough experience in the role that you want to apply for, but your attitude can make a difference. Have an agile mindset. Read more about our blog post Your Guide to a Successful Career Change.
“Age is no barrier. It’s a limitation you put on your mind”
“• Jackie Joyner-Kersee
Secure Your Future!
Study a nationally accredited and professional online course and get 20% off* your course.
Whether you are looking to up-skill to improve your career prospects or are looking for an exciting new career opportunity, you will find a course to meet your needs in our extensive online course catalogue.
*Terms & Conditions Apply.