The start of 2020 had been very challenging, intense and full of uncertainties. The reality of the lives of millions of people has drastically changed due to the COVID-19 crisis. Stable and comfortable lifestyles were thrown off the rails by a series of unfortunate events. Workers who have lost their jobs were left in dire and vulnerable financial situations.
On a lighter note, a lot of those who were directly impacted by the virus have already gone through the long and winding road of recovery and are now trying to pick up the pieces and somehow learn to be accustomed to “new normality.”
How did the pandemic transform your daily routine? Were you able to adjust well during this period or are you still in the process of getting used to new ways of living? Here are the things that we may have subconsciously programmed ourselves to do just to stay safe regardless of whether restrictions are imposed or not.
- Find alternative ways to greet rather than the conventional handshake. Waving your hand or nodding your head are other ways of showing acknowledgment.
- When you’re always out and about, make sure you practice physical distancing.
- Wearing a face mask in public helps keep you and other people around you safe.
- Wash your hands with warm or cold running water for about 20 seconds. Use the World Health Organisation (WHO) technique – this can get rid of the germs on the fingertips, thumbs, palms and in between the fingers.
- Another way to ensure proper hand hygiene is by regular hand sanitation.
- Play a more active role in your community and think of different ways to support initiatives that can help stop the spread of the virus.
- Practice mindfulness to be able to adapt to the new normal. Develop resilience in order to combat mental health issues.
Build the Success You Dream Of!
Study a nationally accredited and professional online course and get 20% off*. Subscribe to our Newsletter to receive an eVoucher that can be used on top of our monthly promotion.
Whether you are looking to upskill or reskill to improve your career prospects or are looking for an exciting new career opportunity, you will find a course to meet your needs in our extensive online course catalogue.
*Terms & Conditions Apply.